Monday, November 4, 2013

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 4

I could subtitle this post "Sisters vs. Grandchildren".  I've chosen to express my gratitude for my sisters in this one for a couple of reasons.  First off, I have three sisters and five grandkiddos, which do you suppose is easier?  Secondly, I hadn't yet decided if I was more thankful for my grands as a group or individually.

I am the youngest of four girls.  Personally, I couldn't be more fortunate.  These three awesome women have taught me so much by their example and wisdom and sometimes "motherly advice".  Being seven years from the next youngest and almost twelve years from the oldest, I never had to endure being involved in sibling rivalry...yes,  SO thankful for that, too.

 
This photo was from Christmas 1956, I was just two weeks old.  Aren't these sisters just precious?
 
 
This picture, from August 2013 was the first time we had all been together in three years.  Each of these special women has her own strengths and gifts and I am very thankful to have them as not only sisters but also as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment