Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 23 & 24

Yesterday I went (with my sisters) to a memorial service for an older cousin.  Jan had suffered from ALS for nearly a decade though she was first diagnosed in 2009.  She lived a wonderful and full life which included struggles and heartaches.  In the last couple of years of her battle with this horrible disease she had come to a place of peace and courage, I am so thankful that she is now free.

There were many stories told of the memories she had made with her family, friends and loved ones.  Today is memory making day here at our house.  The grandson is here to bake pies and spend the night.  I realized how old I am as soon as he opened his mouth...when did his voice change?  Oh my, I was so not ready for it.  This will be the year of pie baking voice changing memories....thankful, once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment