Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 12

Sitting here this morning with a nasty sore throat and thinking ((yes, I am thankful for my health but maybe a little difficult to express it today)) and so it is that even the simplest things evoke gratitude.
I am thankful for handwork.  Some of us cannot sit with nothing to do.  Unlike playing "stupid games" on the computer at least handwork is productive. This bit of knitting is on it's way to becoming a poncho for granddaughter Alyssa.  Also thankful that our pup, Ratchet, has settled in for a nap.

Ratchet was settled down at this moment during a camping trip...don't let the calmness fool you, he runs for hours per day.  I love his "new every morning" kind of happiness.

Thankfulness aside, I made this hazelnut toffee this weekend.  It is somewhat hidden in the big freezer in the garage hoping that out of sight is out of mind.  This was my attempt to duplicate Enstrom's toffee, which is THE BEST!!!  I used this recipe which was simple enough and definitely tasty, still not the awesomeness that comes in a box of Enstrom's.

No comments:

Post a Comment