Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 25, 26 & 27

I am thankful that there really are no Thankfulness Police.  I would imagine they are similar to Quilt Police and I'm thankful they don't really exist either.  Oh, there are people who think they are them, but really, they have no authority in our endeavors. 

I am thankful for sales.  Heading off to Target this morning to get a dolly for one of the granddaughters.  I will not be going out tomorrow evening or on black Friday.  I may be thankful for sales but I am not crazy.  I really dislike crowds and though I can be competitive in some areas, getting the deal is not one of them.  I think it's all hype anyway.

I am thankful for what Christmas is really all about, and it isn't the sale, or the presents, or the decorations, or the food.  How is it that we humans can turn something awesome completely upside down and backwards?  Ok, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that question, but greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world (1John 4:4)

I am thankful for good neighbors. The kind that don't get upset when your dog goes visiting,  playing and running with their dog to the point that neither dog is listening and they're both having so much fun they can hardly stand it.  The kind of neighbor that loans you a leash (since you didn't take one with you when you went to retrieve the dog) to get the dog home.

I am thankful for my husband who can replace the rear seal in the truck (again) and for God's provision (again).
 
I am thankful for oranges.  Especially Cuties.  Those seedless little compact citrus gems full of sunshine and vitamin C are amazing good. 

I am thankful for Mrs. B for teaching me how to knit when I was seven.  I don't know how to spell her name but phonetically it would be something like botch-a-gull-loop-o.  She didn't teach me everything, nor perfectly correct.  I never developed a passion for knitting but I can do it well enough that one of the grand girlies will be getting a poncho for Christmas.  I'm two skeins into the five skein project.

I am thankful for other things too.....more to come. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment