Wednesday, June 24, 2015

From the bin of scraps...

Good fine summer morning to you all!  I have been playing in the scrap bins of late.  We all have one, full of bits and pieces too big to throw away and too small to shuffle back into their color/category home.

This particular good sized bin of mixed colors seemed like a good place to start a new project.

I recently acquired the book, Quilt Lovely by Jen Kingwell.  I am a fan of nearly every quilt in the book. Needing something simple for my brain I chose "Bonnie Lass" for my first endeavor, cutting 400 rectangles from this bin exclusively.  Seriously, it didn't even make a dent.  I cut another 400 rectangles and setting triangles from a box of neutrals.


In no time at all blocks were forming and joining and TA DA!!!
Here are the results.  I love it!!!
Making myself a little gap of time tomorrow to get it quilted so I can do the binding during our camping weekend.  Weekend forecast is 100+ in the valley, hoping it's cooler in the mountains.


My next goal: Finishing block #7 of the Camelot quilt before July 14

Happy Quilting,
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment