Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Woodrow Wilson Quilt

This is a quilt that I just finished up last week.  The pattern came from the Woodrow Wilson museum in Pennsylvania.  It is a replica of a quilt that was in Wilson's birthplace home.  Quilts made from the pattern are then registered with the museum.  My friend, Gayle, made this beauty. Her piecing is impeccable.  Here are a few of the details I added to her magnificent work.

The Washington Monument

Supreme Court 

National Cathedral 

Woodrow Wilson 

White House 

US Capitol 

We The People 

Lovely view 

Always a bunny on Gayle's quilts 

Another view 

Gayle and I were both very pleased with how this quilt turned out.

Happy quilting, Laurel.

T

5 comments:

  1. What a great quilt!! I love the blocks and red and white is such a classic color combo. The quilting you have done is so very interesting - a reward for anyone who looks closely :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, thank you. That was exactly my goal, to have the details be "discovered".

      Delete
  2. You are an incredible artist!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go so far as to say I'm a super duper good tracer and paper picker outer...lol. Thanks, miss you!

      Delete
  3. You've managed to put so many places there! They are so delicate! Thanks for sharing, Laurel! I've enjoyed your works so much! Keep doing what you are talented in.
    Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete