Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Almost ready to celebrate Christmas!!

This lovely was among one of many Christmas deadlines.  Isn't it so festive?  I love the colors.

The tree is up and decorated.  We found a lovely Turkish pine on a little tree farm not far from home.  An elderly couple are lovingly growing the beauties and doing a marvelous job.  Besides which, very reasonably priced.

Lights are up outside if it counts that I used clothespins to attach them to the grid of the wire fence in a chevron pattern.  I used the last strand to wrap around my wreath.  Festive enough and no ladder required.

The last Christmas deadline quilt is nearly finished, just need to trim it and join the binding.  I understand the stress my clients have, knowing they still have to stitch down the binding (this one nearly king size) in a few short days. 

My knitting (Alyssa's poncho) isn't finished but I have a back up plan in the event I don't finish so I'm relaxing that pressure.  She has a January birthday...perhaps a more reasonable deadline.

There are still dinners to plan and a house to get clean but for some reason, this year, I'm feeling unhurried and relaxed about the whole thing.  There is a fresh understanding that this celebration time is not about food or decorations or presents. We are celebrating the birthday of our Savior, Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment