It's been an interesting few dog weeks. Took Ratchet in to be neutered, rabies shot, license and such. All went well. The weather that week was especially cold and I couldn't bear to put him out in the kennel so I put a crate up in my shop so he could at least be warm and close by.
BIG MISTAKE! Ratchet's middle name really should be Hoover (as in vacuum) because he sucks up anything he finds on the floor. I never saw him get into anything. A couple of days later he started vomiting and wouldn't/couldn't stop. Murphy's law couldn't let it be during normal vet hours....NO! A Saturday morning trip to the emergency vet. Ratchet had swallowed a straight pin and it perforated his stomach. Surgery....brought him home the next day....along with plenty of meds.